- ½ medium yellow onion (or 1 small onion), finely diced
- 1 ½ cups red bell pepper, diced (about 1 large pepper)
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 6oz bacon (about 6-7 thick slices)
- 1 cup sliced black olives(equivalent to a 3.8oz-can)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- Heat an oven proof skillet (I like to use my 12” cast iron frying pan) over medium high heat and turn on broiler (on high) to preheat oven.
- Cut bacon into small pieces (I like to use scissors for this job). Add bacon and onion to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is crisp and onion is fully cooked and caramlized (8-10 minutes).
- Add pepper and olives to pan and sauté, stirring occasionally, until pepper is cooked (4-5 minutes). Add spinach and stir to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Add beaten eggs. Let cook on stove top 1-2 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Place skillet in oven and broil until eggs are completely cooked, puffed up and starting to brown on top (about 7-10 minutes, varies oven to oven so watch carefully).
- Serve and enjoy!