YES! There is that energy! I got up and prepped dinner in the crockpot. Made a recovery lunch. Fixed breakfast. Met friends at 930 to ride at 10am. Rode for 2 1/2 hours and felt really good and strong on the ride.
I tried the eggs with apples recipe. It was ok but a little sweet for my tastes. And I FINALLY tried some bulletproof coffee! It was amazing and I must have it more frequently. The coffee along with the breakfast kept me satisfied until my ride was done.
The eggs were brown from the cinnamon in the apples.
Bullet Proof Coffee
- •1 cup of hot freshly brewed coffee (I use a French press but any preparation will do)
- •1 Tablespoon of grass-fed butter or ghee
- •1 Tablespoon of coconut oil, extra virgin preferably
- •Optional: sweetener (like raw honey), pumpkin puree, cinnamon, cacao, etc
- •Pumpkin Spice (per 1 cup): add 1 teaspoon pumpkin puree + a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
- •Mexican Chocolate (per 1 cup): add 1 teaspoon cacao (or cocoa) + a dash of cinnamon and chili powder
- •Bulletproof Chai (per 1 cup): substitute 1 cup of brewed chai tea instead of coffee
- •Iced Bulletproof-Style Coffee: prepare the coffee as below, then chill and pour over ice. Trying to do it the other way around (by making cold coffee then blending in the fats) won’t work because the fats won’t emulsify.
- •Prepare the coffee, scaling the recipe up to suit your needs.
- •Pour hot coffee into a blender. Add the grass-fed butter and coconut oil, plus any extras like spices or sweetener if preferred.
- •Blend for 30 seconds until frothy and creamy (use caution when using a blender with hot liquids).
- •Enjoy. You could also use an immersion blender or just melt the butter and oil on top of your hot coffee but I don’t prefer it that way…it ends up like an oil slick. If that’s your thing though, that’s okay 🙂
I used a stick blender to blend it up and since I am on Whole 30 right now, I did not add any type of sweetener or flavoring. Oh my! It was like a latte! Since I have been eating paleo for quite some time, things taste sweet to me that most people would not think were sweet so I thought this was plenty sweet without sweeteners.
I had some chicken, sweet potato and broccoli for my recovery/lunch meal. I went shopping straight from there and my lunch held me until dinner time.
Had chicken, sweet potato, parsnips in the crockpot, which was a new recipe. It was quite good for dinner.
We had to go to the hospital for a visit and then friend’s house for a party.
I did well at the party and didn’t eat any snacks or drink any alcohol. I didn’t think to take any “legal” food with me and I started to get a little hungry by the time we left. I had to eat a snack of chicken when I got home before I went to bed. I think the reason that I got hungry was because I was up past my normal bedtime. I would have been sleeping then instead of realizing that I was hungry.
It was a super busy day buy I had plenty of energy and food to keep me going.